Donate To Nativity Preparatory School
Nativity Preparatory School is an independent, tuition-free middle school for boys from low-income areas in Greater New Bedford. The school received initial start-up support from the Highland Street Foundation. Continued funding for Nativity comes from individuals, businesses, and foundation and fundraising events in the spring and fall.
There are several opportunities for donors to support Nativity. All gifts to Nativity Preparatory School are tax-deductible, and gifts of any size or amount are welcome and greatly appreciated.
Nativity's Annual Appeal
As an independent, private middle school, we rely on the support of foundations and individuals to keep Nativity going day in and day out. With careful management, we are able to maintain an annual budget of $939,000.
Our statistics are worthy: All of our 206 Nativity Prep alumni have moved onto a high school with a 95% graduation rate. While 80% of those Nativity students enrolled in college, the other 15% graduated from high school and entered the military or workforce, many in trades that they majored in at vocational-technical high schools.
Please consider supporting the Nativity Prep Annual Appeal this year. Our “Nativity Gentlemen” deserve a chance to grow and prosper during these significant middle school years. We thank you for investing in excellence in education!!
The cost to sponsor a student at Nativity for one year is $5,000. A sponsorship can be provided in one of several ways.
- Full Sponsorship - $5,000 for one year
- Partial Sponsorship - $2,500 for one year
- Group Sponsorship - Several individuals collectively sponsor one student by sharing the $5,000 sponsorship
Sponsors receive regular updates from Nativity on the progress of their student. Sponsors also receive student written letters and invitations to various school events, including the annual science and social studies fairs.
The student sponsorship program is designed to provide donors with the knowledge that their support is having a significant impact on the education of a young boy.
The cost of teacher sponsorship is $10,000.
Nativity teachers are all recent college graduates and take part in the Americorp Teaching Fellow Program. In return for their hard work, they receive room and board, and health insurance from Nativity Prep. Nativity faculty are eligible to receive a grant for their first two years of service through Americorp.
Other Ways to Give
Donations of products, services or time and expertise are always welcome. At this time Nativity has a need for:
- MEMORIAL GIFTS - As a tribute to a family member or friend, you may consider giving a gift to Nativity in their name. Nativity acknowledges all gifts and, if you wish, will honor your request to inform family members of your donation to the school.
- RECOGNITION OF SPECIAL OCCASION GIFTS - You may wish to honor a family member or friend for a milestone in their life with a gift to Nativity. This is a thoughtful way to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, the birth of a child, or a promotion.