Thank you for your interest in Nativity Preparatory School! We are currently accepting applications for the 5th and 6th grades for the 2018-2019 school year. If you wish to apply for your student, please read the following information carefully and complete the forms below.
Application for Admission Overview
Thank you for your interest in Nativity Preparatory School New Bedford. Please carefully read the following instructions before proceeding with the application process.
We are currently accepting applications for the 5th and 6th grades only.
The application process will be conducted in two rounds.
- If you wish to be included in the first round, the application and supplemental forms must be submitted to the school by 3:00pm on December 15, 2017. Decisions will be mailed to applicants in March.
- Applications and supplementary materials submitted between December 18, 2017 and February 16, 2018 will be included in the second round. Decisions will be mailed to applicants in April.
- Applications and supplementary materials submitted February 17, 2018 or later will be considered as space allows. In this case, decisions will be mailed when the process has concluded.
Application for Admission
Step 1: Application and Supplemental Forms
In order to be considered for admission, all of the following forms must be completed and submitted to Nativity Preparatory School at the address listed at the top of this document:
- Application for Admission
- Student Records Release Form
- Two most recent Federal Income Tax Returns (Form 1040 or equivalent) for the parents or guardians legally responsible for the student. For this admissions cycle, the school requires the 2015 and 2016 years, as well as the 2017 year when it becomes available.
- Most recent W-2 forms for parents or guardians who are financially responsible for the student.
Additionally, two letters of recommendation are required:
- Recommendation from the student’s current teacher.
- Recommendation from the student’s most recent former teacher.
Applications will only be considered once all materials listed above have been completed fully and submitted to the School.
As dictated by our mission, in order to qualify financially for enrollment at Nativity Preparatory School, the Federal Income Tax Return 1040 and W-2s from employers must verify that the family income meets the following criteria (back side):
|Family Size (# of people in the household)||Family Income (annually)|
Step 2: Admissions Testing
Once the student’s Application, Records Release, Letters of Recommendation, and Income Information have been evaluated; the admissions committee may invite the student to complete the Nativity Preparatory School Admissions Test. The test is both computer- and writing-based and evaluates reading, writing, language usage, and math skills. The test will be administered at the Nativity Prep on dates to be determined and takes approximately 1.5-2 hours.
Following the completion of the Admissions Test, the School will evaluate each aspect of the application.
The School reserves the right to request an interview and/or invite a prospective student to shadow for a morning in order to gain additional information about that applicant.
Step 3: Final Admissions Decision
Final Admissions Decisions will be mailed to the address entered for the student on the application by the dates listed in the Overview section of this document.
If a student is admitted, his parents/guardians will have 20 days to enroll him at Nativity Preparatory School, otherwise the spot will be given to another student. Enrollment documents will be sent by mail or delivered in person at the time of admittance.
How can I complete the application?
You can obtain and complete an application in three different ways:
- Visit the school in person and get all of the application materials during your visit.
- Click this link to download all forms, print them, complete them, and submit them in person or mail them to the school.
Can teachers complete letters of recommendation online?
Yes! Direct them here and they can click the link below to complete the form.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. To get in contact please call us at 508.994.3800 and hold on the line to reach the front desk. You can also email email@example.com. Thanks!