2017-2018 Teaching Fellowship
Nativity provides students with an excellent academic preparation for secondary school and beyond. Successful Teaching Fellowship candidates will have the opportunity to teach, coach, and guide these deserving students.
Teaching Fellows are 12-month employees. Duties include:
- Teach 3 to 4 class periods per day
- Coach athletics (1 per season)
- Facilitate afternoon activities
- Proctor evening study (2 per week)
- Chaperone fun nights and field trips (2 per month)
- Act as Academic Advisor to a small group of students
The school provides its Teaching Fellows with:
- Housing on campus
- A monthly stipend July 2017-June 2018
- Teachers receive an AmeriCorps grant totaling $5,500
- Qualify for loan forbearance for the duration of their employment
- A Health care plan
- A membership to the local YMCA.
Be a part of changing the direction of a young persons life. While no teaching experience is required, demonstrated academic achievement and selfless motivation are essential.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at Nativity Prep New Bedford. We are fully staffed with teachers for the 2017-2018 school year and are not accepting any further applications. If you are still interested in working with us in the future, please check back for posted opportunities between November 2017 – March 2018.
Jay Goldrick, Principal
NATIVITY PREPARATORY SCHOOL OF NEW BEDFORD
66 Spring Street
New Bedford, MA 02740